Yonca Krahn focuses in her PhD thesis on the understanding of space and body perception during sportive performance. Decision-making regarding mobility practices, interaction with landscape and sensual practices are connected to sportive performance (training and competition). Within her praxeographical approach, she joins athletes while training and interviews them, and uses photoethnography and mental maps to understand a research field which is affected by mobility and the fleeting nature of the moment.
Related research interests are: sports ethnography, multisensory ethnography, spatial research, sport tourism, sport events, body, self-measuring practices, contest and competition behaviour and mountaineering research.
- From 2013 PhD project on the understanding of space and body perception during sportive performance
- 2010–2012 M.A. University of Lucerne, Humanities and Cultural Studies and History, Culture/Publicity
Master’s thesis: “Die Inszenierung des Historischen: Das Verständnis historischer Wahrnehmung am Beispiel der Werde Römer Tour des Legionärspfades [Staging History: The understanding of historic perception. Case Study: Become Roman]”
Supervised by Prof Dr Valentin Groebner and Prof Dr Lucas Burkart
- 2007–2010 B.A. University of Lucerne, Social and Communication Sciences
Bachelor’s thesis: “Ein (un)verschleierter Blick. Die Videokünstlerin Shirin Neshat [An (un)veiled sight. Video Artist Shirin Neshat]”
Supervised by Prof Dr Claus Volkenandt and Prof Dr Christiane Schildknecht
- 2012 (September–December) Research Assistant at the Institut für Denkmalpflege und Bauforschung [Cultural Heritage Conservation and Building Research] at the ETH Zürich for the publication “Felsengärten, Gartengrotten, Kunstberge. Motive der Natur in Architektur und Garten”
- 2011–2013 Assistant at VMS – Verband der Museen der Schweiz [Association of Swiss Museums]/ ICOM – International Council of Museums Schweiz
- 2011–2012 (September –March) Internship K2 Switzerland GmbH: Assistant Marketing and Sales
- 2010 Research Assistant for the publication „Luzerner Kantonsgeschichte des 20. Jahrhunderts. 5.1. Die Siedlungsentwicklung”
- 2007–2013 Freelance assistance in diverse cultural institutions, such as KKL Lucerne, Stadttheater Lucern, unclesally*s Berlin
Publications and teaching experience
See CV in German