Job advertisement Social Anthropology: Tutorial position for master students in the autumn semester 23
In the coming autumn semester 2023, five tutors will teach scientific working techniques in the introductory year. The BA module „Einführung in die Arbeit mit ethnologischen Texten” for all first-year students consists of a seminar (6 ECTS credits, taught by lecturers) and a tutorial (3 ECTS credits, taught by tutors). You will be provided with the syllabus for the course and necessary teaching materials. In addition, you will be trained in your teaching activities and attend the program „Start! Teaching Assistant Qualification Program@UZH“. You will coordinate your activity with the other tutors and the lecturers of the module.
Interested master students are requested to send their CV and a short letter of motivation to Linda Hodel (email@example.com) zu melden. Application deadline: April 30, 2023. We will contact you by the end of May 2023 at the latest.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Teaching in a tutorial group with a maximum of 20 first-year students
- Guiding students who do exercises on scientific working techniques
- Possibly scanning and making available literature
- Administrative tasks on OLAT
You should meet the following requirements:
- Students in the Master's program at ISEK-Social Anthropology
- Participation in preliminary meetings about the course schedule in August / September 2023
- Prior (August / September) completion of the basic module of the program „Start! Teaching Assistant Qualification Program@UZH“ (see below)
- Reliability & independence
- Independent work in consultation with the other tutors and lecturers
- A certain amount of flexibility in terms of the distribution of tasks and working hours (time frame: up to 90 hours, mainly during the lecture period, pre-tutorials during the semester break)
The position offers:
- Own experience in independent lesson preparation and teaching activity
- VDeepening of experiences with scientific work
- Payment according to UZH guidelines, per semester CHF 1'850
Start! Teaching Assistant Qualification Program@UZH
We would like to draw your attention to the new training program for tutors „Start! Teaching Assistant Qualification Program@UZH“. The program prepares you for your employment as a tutor. It is free of charge and can be booked via the module booking tool (from August 2023). The online courses are offered on OLAT and consist of a total of about 30 hours of work. If all components of the basic module are completed, this results in 1 ECTS credit and a certificate of university didactics, which you can also present in further applications.
Further information can be found at: https://www.start-teaching.uzh.ch/en.html
ISEK-Social Anthropology, in March 2023
- «International Burma Studies Conference» 2023: Registration open
- Summer School "Critical Sustainability Engagements", June 13-16 in Ascona
- Guests at ISEK - Social Anthropology Spring 2023
- Call for Papers: Conference "Decolonising Gender and Sexuality: Learning from Other Voices"
- Benin Bronzes in the Spotlight
- «International Burma Studies Conference» 2023
- Jahrespreis 2022 der Philosophischen Fakultät: Michèle Dick
- FAN Award 2022: Mascha Schulz
- Performance im Ethno-Forum am 15.3.2022
- Publikation zum Jubiläum 50 Jahre Ethnologie in Zürich