Paridhi Gupta, Dr.
- AND 5.04
Feminist politics, social movements, visuality, critical pedagogy, human geography, digital humanities
North India, South Asia
Dr Paridhi Gupta is a Swiss Excellence Postdoctoral Scholar (EKSAS) under the chair of Prof. Dr. Johannes Quack at the Department of Social Anthropology and Cultural Studies (ISEK), University of Zurich. She holds a PhD in Gender Studies from the Centre of Women's Studies (CWS), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), India. Her doctoral work is titled, 'Organizing Resistance: Feminist Strategies of Protest in Contemporary India'. She also has an MPhil in Women's Studies from CWS, and a Masters in Sociology from CSSS, JNU. Her current work is a methodological intervention into the study of social movements. Her recent article, Ladange, Adange, Jeetange: The Farmers’ Movement and Its Virtual Spaces has also been recognised at CSCW 2022, for its contribution to Diversity and Inclusion.
1. Paridhi Gupta, Adrian Petterson, Divyani Motla, and Priyank Chandra. 2022. Ladange, Adange, Jeetange: The Farmers’ Movement and Its Virtual Spaces. Proc. ACM Hum.-Comput. Interact. 6, CSCW2, Article 446 (November 2022), 32 pages. https://doi.org/10.1145/3555547
2. Gupta, Paridhi. Forthcoming (Winter 2023). “The Contentious Biryani: Rice, Nation, and Dissent,” in Nourishing Resistance: Stories of Food, Protest, and Mutual Aid, ed. Wren Awry, PM Press.
3. Gupta, Paridhi. July 2021. “Images of Belonging: The Making of Gendered Identity and Community in an Urban Village of Delhi.”City: 25(3-4), 489–496. https://doi.org/10.1080/13604813.2021.1943224.
4. Gupta, Paridhi. 2021. “The Researcher of/in Crisis: Writing Resistances During Pandemic.” Communication, Culture & Critique: 14(2), 365–368. https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcab025.
5. Gupta, Paridhi. 2020. “Art (s) of Visibility: Resistance and Reclamation of University Spaces by Women Students in Delhi.” Gender, Place & Culture: 27(1), 86–103. https://doi.org/10.1080/0966369X.2019.1586652.